At Quay Law our Trust legal specialists and lawyers can assist you with the setting up and ongoing management of your Trust.
We specialize in the establishment of the Trust and thereafter are able to support the ongoing management of your Trust along with your Trustees. It is essential that your most important assets are protected during your lifetime and on your death.
Our estate planning, trusts and asset protection legal specialists are able to explain all aspects of Trust Law and assist you with the following types of legal services:
- Family Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Estate Planning
- Asset Protection Plans and Structuring
- Trust gifting
- Trust Administration
- Trustee Advice
- Support for Trustees of Trusts
- Matrimonial and De Facto Claims against your estate
- Protection of personal assets from business initiatives
- Rest home subsidies and Asset Testing
People set up family trusts in New Zealand for a number of reasons that include:
- Becoming a family
- Buying a home
- Starting a business
- Protection against professional liability claims
- Building and managing assets
- Securing and safeguarding your assets against loss
- Preparing for possible capital gains or death taxes
- Planning for retirement and residential care
- Protecting you, your partner, spouse or children against relationship or matrimonial claims of future partners
- Estate Planning
- Providing for and protecting future generations
For more information on Trust Law please contact a friendly Remuera Quay Law legal specialist.
Auckland lawyer Ian Mellett writes legal articles for numerous publications. Please click on the following link for a legal article on Family Trusts.
Auckland lawyer Ian Mellett of Quay law Radio Interview - Family Trusts (Source - July 2012 Quay Law Firm YouTube Channel)
BREAKING NEWS: 18 AUGUST 2011 - NZ Gifting and Trust Law. Gift Duty changes as 3rd bill passed in New Zealand Parliment. Read more on our Quay Law Blog